While there are many online casinos that people can visit and play responsibly, people still need to be very careful about their online gaming habits to avoid getting conned and getting addicted. A good example of a trusted online casino Malaysia is Bolaking. This is one of Asia’s leading online gaming platforms with remarkable user experience.
If someone is always online looking for casino websites that offer bonuses such as the, that can eventually turn into a very serious problem for them. Getting addicted to this pastime can have serious consequences including:
- Job loss
- Bad grades
- Huge debts
- Damaged relationships
Why does addiction happen?
Online gaming is not the same as playing video games or gambling in a physical casino. Due to this fact, playing in online casinos may get addictive for any of the following reasons:
- Online gambling plays a huge role in stimulating the brain can causing the gambler to feel a certain type of “high” similar to that of someone who uses drugs. The person needs to keep taking part in this pleasurable activity and try as much as possible to win so that they can get that high feeling.
- Playing in online casinos is very convenient. All that the player needs to do is just push a button on his phone or computer. All this is easily accessible at any time of the day and for free. Things only start getting problematic when the person starts selling their possessions and gambling away.
- Playing online means that there are no face-to-face interactions. This makes it very easy for people to lose lots of cash when they operate in a “cash-free” space. The reality of how much has been lost only hits afterward.
- While real-life casinos have rules and regulations about who they admit, online casinos have no age barrier. As a result, young children and teenagers can develop serious addiction problems. In the beginning, it’s all fun and games but with time they spend a lot of their time and money online.
What are the warning signs?
In the early stages, it’s a little hard to if notice someone has a gambling problem. This is because the signs aren’t as noticeable and the people are really good at hiding it. The red flags start showing up later. The person:
- Neglects his/her responsibilities
- Uses online gaming as a way of numbing or avoiding negative feelings
- Lies a lot about what they spend time doing
- He/she becomes moody when online access is not available or is denied.
- Borrows money to try and win what is lost
What are the treatment options available?
Just like other types of addictions to substances such as drugs and alcohol, gambling addiction is very real and needs to be managed. It left untreated, it can result in serious consequences such as loss of the job, poor performance in school, or even jail time from stealing.
Treatment mainly involves the person being counseled towards a new way of living. Joining support groups is also very helpful because you are surrounded by people who understand your challenges.
Family support is very important for people who seek treatment.
An addiction to online gambling not only drains the finances out but also drains the life out of someone. To continue feeding the addiction, the people gamble everywhere they are – at work, at school and this puts so much at risk. The good news is that there are many professionals who provide transformational care to those who are addicted d walk them down the road to recovery.